Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Future

I am starting to realize (with three weeks of school left) that I'm not quite sure how I'm going to earn a living next year.

I've got some wiseGEEK work, and hopefully that will continue and grow. But there's no guarantee of either.

I can sub at my school and other schools where I know the kids, but that is provided my district doesn't mess things up with the paperwork - it could take a while to figure out and they won't let me start the process until August.

I can tutor but I have to build up clientele so I have no idea how often/how much I can make from that.

Lindsay thinks I can teach knitting - I'm not entirely sure I'm good enough for that.

I can teach Spanish but so can a whole lot of native speakers.

I now have editing skills, but again, no clientele.

I still haven't figured out a way to get paid for blogging.

And I will have to pay for health insurance and save my own money for taxes.

I have until September to figure all this out because (thank God!) I did the deferred payment plan so I still get paid in July and August. However, that's not that far away!

Scary, scary.

2 comments:

jessamynit said...

hmm, if it comes down to it, you can always move back home!

hahahahahahahaha

seriously, though, just try it for a bit and know you can get some fast typing job in a pinch. temp work, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bronwyn,
Did you get my email? I just wanted to be sure because I didn't want you to think I headed for the hills never to be heard from again after visiting your class. I had great day there and loved your kids. Thanks for allowing me to come visit during such a stressful time for you.
I'm going thru just what you're going thru now. Back in Feb. when I made the decision to go back to teaching I figured I could get a job anywhere I wanted. Now I'm not so sure. Now I'm scared I may not get a job come Fall.
I think I can relate to what you're going thru, just in the opposite direction.
Take care,
Carole