- Amani is good at math, although sometimes she gets sloppy and says she doesn't know something even when she does.
- Ann is a good writer but doesn't like writing very much.
- Lucy needs to be careful about taking her frustration out on other children.
- Lamar contributes a lot to class discussions because he thinks on a very high level. (?)
- Jessie understands concepts quickly but gets really upset with herself if she can't do something perfectly the first time.
- TJ likes math best but is also improving in reading. (???)
There is an interesting article about over-praising your children. Children need to be told when they do something wrong, as well as when they do something right. Praise means nothing if they don't deserve it and if they have nothing to work for.