Thursday, March 04, 2010
- By the time I start to get frustrated with the kids, my time with them is over.
- I can put up with a lot more for 103 minutes than for 6 1/2 hours.
- I have less planning to do.
- I have less work to take home.
- I don't have to go to staff meetings.
- This way, I can stay out of school politics.
- Since I'm not at staff meetings, I can claim ignorance when convenient.
- I spend less money on copies and supplies.
- I am less tired (although still tired).
- I am less stressed out.
- I am a better teacher because I am less tired and less stressed out.
The things I do not like better about part-time teaching.
- I get paid less. Yeah, that's pretty much it.
One year ago: Part-time Teaching