Friday, March 04, 2011

Part-Time

People keep asking me if I want to go back to the classroom.  I do, in many ways.  I very much want to.  But not full-time.  I really like not being completely exhausted.

Thursday, March 04, 2010

Part-Time Teaching

The things I like better about part-time teaching (over full-time)
  1. By the time I start to get frustrated with the kids, my time with them is over.
  2. I can put up with a lot more for 103 minutes than for 6 1/2 hours.
  3. I have less planning to do.
  4. I have less work to take home.
  5. I don't have to go to staff meetings.
  6. This way, I can stay out of school politics.
  7. Since I'm not at staff meetings, I can claim ignorance when convenient.  
  8. I spend less money on copies and supplies.
  9. I am less tired (although still tired).
  10. I am less stressed out.
  11. I am a better teacher because I am less tired and less stressed out.

The things I do not like better about part-time teaching.

  1. I get paid less.  Yeah, that's pretty much it.

One year ago: Part-time Teaching

No comments: