Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I'm a Lizard

Quick Halloween story (a little late - I lost my beloved dog on Halloween).

I had a student who wasn't super bright.  Nice kid, good heart, tried hard, just wasn't the sharpest crayon in the box.  He kind of had a reputation for not being the smartest kid, and the other teachers knew it.

On Halloween, one of my colleagues was dressed up as a bee.  He wore a black and yellow striped rugby shirt, big bug sunglasses, antennae, and wings.  This kid, "Timmy," walked up to him and said, "Mr. M, what are you supposed to be?"  Mr. M just looked at him and decided to go for making fun of the gullible kid.  He said, "Timmy, I'm a lizard."

Timmy looked at him carefully and said, "That's funny."

He ran back to me and said, "Did you know Mr. M is dressed up as a lizard?  The weird thing is that he looks just like a bee!"

Three years ago: They Can't Keep Employees? Really?  What a Surprise!

Four years ago: Eating Lunch!  Or not.

No comments: