I'm finding myself in that stage where I remember only the good things so I get really nostalgic about teaching. Until I remember how tired I was. How very, very tired.
Things I miss about the beginning of school:
- The excitement of getting my class list
- Thinking about and praying for my new students
- Buying school supplies
- Labeling school supplies (I don't know why that's fun, but it is)
- Laying out school supplies in their desks
- Getting up early
- Having more kids in my classroom than I am legally allowed to have.
- Having the class list change 17 times in the first two days
- Not having all my supplies
- Being told that I should be using x book even though I never got x book
- Being treated like it is my fault I never got the books I needed even though I asked for them repeatedly
- Having to clean the classroom because it didn't get cleaned during the summer cleaning